Thursday, February 18, 2010

Slack, Slacker, Slacking

...is all I can say about my absence of the last week. I don't know where the time went and can't remember much about those last seven or eight days, which wouldn't be such a bad thing if I drank, but I gave that up a dozen years ago. I did spend an overnight with my daughter Friday, and came back Saturday eve, but other than that, everything else has blended into one big blobby blur. Maybe I was abducted by aliens and don't remember. I've heard that they will do that so the abductee doesn't freak or give away any alien secrets. Abductee... Is that even a word?

Anyway....I obviously haven't done ANY writing. Not here. Not anywhere. And I can feel it. It's like when I don't go to the gym for a week--or more--getting back into it is a drudge. I have to drag myself. I feel like I'm dragging myself across the keyboard now. With Volga Boatmen playing in the background..."Type those words, Den...Ohho, type those words, Den. Keep your miiinnnd on the taasskkk....da da da daaaaaa" Yep. I've lost it.

Alrightee then. I think this is enough of an easement back into my blog for one night. Now that I'm back, I'll try to stay....

No comments: