Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday, 9/20 6am

Less than two weeks to go. I'm up early-as usual these days. Having trouble sleeping with so much on my mind and all the excitement of getting ready to go. One of the issues has been cursing myself daily, as I knew I would, that I didn't spend more time learning about our cameras. My husband is a "learn on the fly" guy, as he said yesterday, but I can see us out in the bush, trying to capture lion cubs on video, and him going-"DEN! How do you do this???!!!!!" I feel like I'm back in school cramming at the last minute for an exam. No wonder I wasn't a good student.

In addition, this laptop has been giving me problems. Now it's a matter of figuring it out myself. I don't want to have anything to do with calling Dell. I got frustrated last night after a few hours and just shut it off, but I'm beginning to suspect that it's this new Windows 7 and Internet Explorer, rather than Dell. My husband has neither of those on his netbook, and the old dinosaur upstairs definitely doesn't have them. Neither the netbook or old Dino have the issues this has. I don't need to be spending hours figuring this out right now. If I can't get it, it's going to have to wait until we get back.

I'm so nuts-getting back is a worry. Not the idea of coming home-I don't really have any worries about that-it's all the shit I'm going to have to catch up with once this trip is done...bills and changing closets to winter clothes-my two most dreaded things to do. I'd better learn to relax and live in the day I'm in at the moment or I'm gonna drive myself---and my poor husband---out of our minds...

6:21....time to start my day!

No comments: