Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Whoa...

I cannot believe that it's been almost a year since I've been here. Very sad. Still singing the same ole song...thoughts of writing pop into my head numerous times a day, but I don't act on them. My Africa Adventure on-line diary has fallen by the wayside. I am ashamed....

Today, in one of my moments of writing contemplation, I checked Craig's for possible leads or opportunities and found something interesting...

Semi-retired businessman and his wife looking for a Tagalong speaking assistant to do research in matters of a "gentle day." Huh? Does that mean they want someone to follow them around and help them to articulate their thoughts or accompany them in their daily routine? I do love researching stuff and maybe semi-retired and "gentle day" means laid back but still in the game, so I continue reading with some hope and interest. "Liaise with various professionals and vendors..." I can do that-I deal with professionals (sort-of) and vendors every day in my real job. "Drive to Manhattan..." Hmm. Maybe I could enlist Dennis to help me with that one. "Assist around the office and home. Welcome to live on property in guest house if needed." Wow. This was sounding better and better. Until..."Must have the ability to converse in Tagalong as the family interacts with business involvements in the Philippines."

Converse in Tagalong? Better re-read that..."Looking for TagaLOG speaking assistant...ability to converse in TagaLOG." O. M. G. They don't need a speaking assistant to tag along. They need a Tagalog speaking assistant. TAGALOG? A quick search in Wikipedia defines it as "...the first language used by a third of population of the Philippines and as a second language by most of the rest."

Oh, my. I do feel stupid. Maybe I need to brush up on my reading skills before I attempt any writing....

No comments: