Thursday, January 14, 2010

Exhausted

Yesterday was the first time I didn't post since I started this blog on Jan. 1. It bugged me because I'd made a pact with myself to post everyday, but I just couldn't do it last night. I'd had a couple of long days and they caught up with me. Tomorrow is going to be another long one and I'm really tired tonight, but I didn't want to let another day go by without a post.

Still wading through "In Your Own Voice". It's not too technical and I've picked up a few really helpful points which I'll go into detail about tomorrow. Reading an entire book a week is quite a demand, though, and I think I may cut myself some slack there. I do love to read, but I can only do so much stuff in a day.

I have this fantasy about someday being able to do nothing but write, and read. I guess we all do. I'd love to be able to stay home and work at my computer until the late hours of the evening, then sleep in until around 8:00 the next morning and do it all over again. Realistically, I know that it's not that way it is. I know it's work. And difficult. And frustrating. But I'd be doing all that difficult, frustrating work for myself. How cool. At the very least, I have something to look forward to when retirement time arrives. I'll have to wait a while but until then, I can dream...
This isn't much of an entry for today, but it's about all I have to give. Tomorrow's another day.

1 comment:

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Blogging every day is a HUGE goal and time commitment! Definitely cut yourself some slack for missing one little day... Especially because you want to give yourself time to work on your book... And you don't want to burn out on the blog! (Believe me, it can happen!)

I tweeted about your blog on twitter... Maybe you'll find more motivation with more followers/friends in the writing world :-)