Thursday, February 4, 2010

Google docs

On the first and third Wednesdays of each month, I attend a "Writer's Support Group". I've been going for a couple of months and I really enjoy it. The group is small enough that anyone who attends and wants to read their stuff can do so, then we all critique it--nicely. The variety of writing styles amazes me. One woman who attends, Erin, is phenomenal--the stuff she can make up blows me away. Anyway-I think the woman is brilliant. I love to hear her speak-she has an awesome command of our language, but articulates herself so that I can understand what she's talking about and I don't feel like an idiot. She gives great feedback-both constructive and supportive, and I get the most from listening to her. She also seems well versed in IT (Internet technology-?? I think that's right) and has helpful suggestions about files, formatting, etc.

Last night she gave us a great tip about Google. I should have known this, but I didn't, and it's going to help me tremendously.

Google docs. I spent only a bit of time playing around with it tonight, but I can take everything I have stored on my computer and move it to Google docs. where they stay in my own little Google account, out in space somewhere, and I can call them up anytime, from anywhere and work on them. I think it's going to be a much better way to store my stuff, so now I need to transfer all my important work over there. More for me to learn. As soon as I figure it out, I'll give details. It doesn't seem very complicated.

This is never ending, and sometimes it drives me crazy, but I'm still loving it...

No comments: