Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learn something new everyday

Everyone has most likely heard, "Ohhhhh. Hmmmm. Well, you learn something new everyday!" It's cliche, and I don't know how true it really is, but this writing thing has really made that statement my ah-ha mantra these last few weeks. Today, I learned something about Twitter that I never knew until after I spent a few minutes reading about it on line and viewing a Youtube video. I did not know that posts (or whatever they are called) are limited to 140 characters. I wondered what that meant under the update box. I really show my age when it comes to all this stuff. So now that I know it has to be brief, I will try and Tweet everyday. I have trouble being brief. This should help. Me . Be brief.--Ha.
I'm still trying to learn how to include links within my posts without pasting the entire site address. That will be my tweet for tonight. Maybe someone can help me. I found some great stuff today for freelancing, contests and new writers so I'll include the address lines until I learn otherwise....
This one offers a variety of avenues to make and find money writing as well as contests, and consultations.
http://www.fundsforwriters.com/

This is geared toward freelance writers, but has a TON of info on it. I could spend hours just perusing this site.
http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/

This is another page of FWJ, offering free online writing classes...I like free. I'm going to check these out as I can use all the help I can get-

http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/2009/08/31-free-online-writing-courses/

Going to spend some time researching so I can learn more than one new thing today....

No comments: