Friday, January 22, 2010

O-M-G!!!!!

First, let me clarify that I do not text...I'm sure it has something to do with my age, but I do not know how to text, I do not understand texting, nor do I want to learn texting. So the title of this post is not like me, however it's the only way I can describe the last forty-five minutes of my life. Last night I talked about designing-well tonight I tried to add a little pizazz to my avenue in cyberspace and almost canned the entire thing. I had come close to arriving at screw the commitment. But when I got myself under control, I took a little more time and realized that there must be only so much I'm able to do with this style and layout from blogger. Standard. And I don't want to be standard. I want to be different!! I want a unique and eye appealing look. I WANT A BLOG LIKE SARA!!!!! I was born too late for this computer age, and trying like hell to catch up. There's a saying that typifies my effort-"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." And I sure am behind tonight. The eight ball. I had something I wanted to tell all of my anxiously awaiting fans out there and I ended up playing with pictures trying to get the layout right...

Anyway. Tomorrow "Writer's Weekly" is hosting a 24 hour contest. (Will someone please tell me how to underline in posts?) It's cool. Sign up for the contest-it's only 5 bucks. Then, at noon on the specified date, they email you a short prompt and you have 24 hours to create a story and send it back. They provide you with details like word count, submission requirements and stuff. It's fun. As I have yet to learn how to add a link like the pros, here's the address-

http://www.writersweekly.com/misc/contest.php

The spring contest is open for sign up now, so take a look...

So. There's my important news. I may not be back tomorrow...either contest-ing or setting a bomb to my blog....

No comments: