Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pressed for time

"Oh, yes," I faithfully promised myself only a few short days ago. "I will write in my blog every day and make sure I have plenty of time to do so." Where the hell was my head? It's currently 8:52 pm and I'm just getting around to getting something down. Stuff kept happening tonight-phones ringing (another promise--"I will NOT answer the phone when I'm supposed to be writing") Ha. Bills to be paid, parakeet house to be clean,(I hate to call it their cage) dishes to do, blah, blah, blah. I am definitely going to have to learn to manage my time better. Or put everything but this blog on the back burner. But at least I'm here now, so I guess that's a good thing.

Revising the revise

After last night's bungle with trying to re-write portions of my story, I hit it again tonight--actually before I came to my blog. I did get some work done on it, but not as good as I thought last night's revision was. I can't remember, though because I DELETED THE ENTIRE THING!!! Still beating myself up--moped about it all day long. Another matter of awareness---learning to let go. I'll end up in the psycho ward if I keep this up. At any rate, if I get the piece to a point that's acceptable, I might paste some of it in here. Nobody's reading this anyway--well almost nobody, but family doesn't count. Sorry, guys.

Lessons for the day

Work on time management... Stop holding onto stuff until it has claw marks...just keep writing....

No comments: