Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wired and tired

Went to my writer's group tonight and brought a piece I'd written about my daughter. I love going to that group-it's small and I get great feedback, especially from this one woman, Erin. She has a great command of English, and I love to listen to her speak. She, and everyone else, gave me some good ideas for revision, and I drove home with my brain buzzing. I couldn't wait to sit down at the computer to get it started, as I was alone in the house and had some time for myself. Unloaded a few groceries, got my gym stuff ready for tomorrow, showered and got to work editing. Made some notes, but didn't do anything polished. Then, I hit save, and because I had two of the same document open, the computer asked me something that I apparently misunderstood, because I told it yes and it deleted all my work. I was so pissed off. Could not find a way to get it back. So I tried to re-do it as best I could, but I had had a couple of really nice descriptive words and for the life of me, they wouldn't come back. Some writer. Sometimes I'm surprised I can remember my own name. I'm done for tonight.

No comments: